When you're experiencing a crisis, asking for help--whether from a friend, a parent, or a professional--is the best thing you can do. Here are some resources that you can reach out to:.
- Cyberbullying in College - When it comes to college cyberbullying, students are at the mercy of social media, where a rumor can easily be started in 140 characters or less. Check out this in-depth guide to learn more.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
847-831-3438. Hotline, counseling and referrals for anyone experiencing any type of eating disorder.
- National Eating Disorders Association
Information on eating disorders and referrals for treatment.
- SAFE (Self-Abuse Finally Ends)
800-DONT-CUT (366-8288). Informational hotline, educational resources, and advice about intervention.
- College Suicide Prevention
- This guide was designed to offer hope and help for those who are experiencing suicidal thoughts, as well as the friends and family who want so badly to help them.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK. Confidential crisis hotline available 24/7
An online crisis network with trained volunteers available to chat 24/7.
Physical Abuse/Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
866-331-9474. Crisis intervention hotline; information and advice; and helpful links to other websites.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
800-656-HOPE . RAINN - Rape Abuse & Incest National Network. A crisis hotline, online hotline, educational information, and helpful links.
- Al-Anon and AlaTeen
888-4AL-ANON. 888-425-2666. Al-Anon helps families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with the problem drinking of a relative or friend. Alateen is the recovery program for young people. Alateen groups are sponsored by Al-Anon members.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
800-622-2255. How and where to find treatment.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms with The First Step Detox.
- DrugRehab - an organization that provides information and answers for people fighting addiction.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
800-230-PLAN. Counseling, health information and resources, and referral.
- America's Pregnancy Helpline
888-672-2296. Information on pregnancy options.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- CDC National AIDS/Sexually Transmitted Disease Hotline.
800-342-2437. How to recognize a sexually transmitted disease and what to do.